Main Functions of the TSO Cyprus
The Transmission System Operator Cyprus was established following the decision of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to apply the relevant European Directive for liberalising the Electricity Market.
The main functions of the TSO Cyprus are:
- To secure the reliable and least cost transmission of the electrical energy from the Power Stations to the Transmission Substations
- Tο operate in an objective manner the electricity market and the facilitate the operation of independent Energy Producers in a fairly regulated environment
- To secure the balance between generation and demand of electrical energy at all times
- To take all necessary steps, in order to secure uninterruptible supply of electricity to all consumers
- To restore supply after Generation and Transmission Systems disturbances, in order to minimise the duration of interruptions
- To coordinate the actions taken for the switching and maintenance of the Transmission System.